Retirement is a very important stage in any person's life. After sacrificing your days and years for the betterment of your family, working day and night all throughout your life, there comes a time when you want to bid adieu to your professional life and relax. By this time, a person has fulfilled all his responsibilities and looks forward to indulge in those activities and hobbies that he earlier couldn't because of endless responsibilities and lack of time or finances. But retirement is a very critical stage. Some people lose their self-esteem considering that they are no longer working. It is time to reassure such people that they still hold a valued position in our hearts and that their experience is like a guide to us. Given here are some gift ideas that you can consider presenting to a newly retired person.
Gift Ideas for Women
Express your joy and support for a retiring person with ideal retirement presents. Explore this piece to find gift ideas for retirement.
Retirement Gift Ideas
- An exotic tour voucher or an adventure trip can be an ideal retirement gift for women, particularly for those who love to travel a lot and explore new places. If you feel it would cost you a lot, you can present it as a group gift.
- You can also consider picking up gifts related to the hobbies or personal favorite items of the retiring woman. A collection of books of her favorite author would be great or combine a book, music CD, bookmarks, and a coffee mug in an attractive basket.
- A gourmet coffee gift basket stuffed with gourmet sauces, cheese, coffee mug, coffee powder sachets, chocolates, candies, cookies, bonbons, and others make an ideal and most favored gift.
- For a woman who loves gardening, a gardening gift basket with a gardening kit and different gardening tools seems perfect.
- A framed group photograph with all related people at work is an appropriate gift to take back memories of the organization. Besides, a frame with signatures of all the people, coupled with some quotes and messages can be another unique retirement gift.
- Women love jewelry and this can make for a great retirement gift idea. You can select from pearl necklaces, earrings, bracelets, or even jewelry crafted with precious stones.
- Let the retiree spend some time relaxing and rejuvenating herself. Gift her vouchers to her favorite spa. For a more relaxing and comfy gift idea, a massage chair or a spa kit can also be considered.
Gift Ideas for Men
- Electronic gadgets make unique retirement gifts for all men. Used to living amongst the latest gadgets and advanced technology, you can choose from iPods, laptops, personal computer, mobile phones, radio, and digital photo frames for men.
- With no professional meetings and projects to handle, men tend to get bored at home quite often. To keep them engaged and entertained, books serve as great companions. Novels, short stories, and autobiographies make ideal gift ideas.
- A stylish and fancy wrist watch can be one of the most splendid gifts to present on retirement. Visit a nearby store and look out for fine quality watches with different facilities. If it proves to be heavy on your pocket, you can opt to give it as a group gift.
- Anything related to sports is sure to delight men, especially if it's got to do with their favorite sport. T-shirts and sport gear will boost up their mood and enthusiasm, while a photo frame of his favorite team will count as a memorable gift.
- A simple and elegant yet memorable gift for retirement would be a pen set. Allow the retiree to pen down his memories of his working days using your gift. For a personal touch, you can get the name of the retiree engraved on the pen.
- A vacation to his favorite destination would come as a surprising and unique retirement gift. Let him relax and celebrate his retirement with a bang, who's looking forward for a peaceful and quality holiday.
- A nice wallet with his name engraved makes a perfect gift on the occasion of retirement. Look for a design that will be highly appreciated by the retiree and will make the most of it by storing special items.