Home furnishing articles are very popular gift items. Here are some ideas on home furnishing presents.
Home Furnishing Gift Ideas
A house transforms into a home when a couple enters into it. And when decorated and embellished with the right furniture and accessories, it is deemed to be a complete home. However, it is not possible for every family to fully furnish their home due to certain reasons. In such cases, gifting a piece of furniture would be the most appropriate gift whenever you are invited to become a part of their celebrations. But before you narrow down to the furniture, you need to take care of certain factors, including the theme of their home, the wall colors, space, and accessibility of the furniture. For, you wouldn't want to present a sofa set that cannot be accommodated anywhere in the home, right? Home furnishings make perfect gift items at the time of housewarming, although they can be gifted on other important occasions, like New Year, birthdays, and anniversaries also. Given here are some ideas you can look upon for gifting home furnishing to your close ones.
- For someone who has just moved into a new house, you can gift a piece of furniture. You can present a sofa set for the living room. Sofa sets come in various varieties. A seasoned teak wood sofa set gives a royal look to the decor while a cane wood sofa imparts a rustic touch to the home. These days, wrought iron sofas are in vogue due to their environment friendly nature. They exude an elegant and sophisticated feel to the home.
- You can also gift a dining table where the whole family can have a meal together. The dining table with a glass top is in great demand these days.
- You can gift curtains for the home. The color of the curtain should match with the color of the walls. Curtains come in various fabrics. Each fabric has its own pros and cons. Cotton curtains look best but are difficult to maintain, while synthetic ones, though not as elegant, but are easy to maintain.
- You can gift a comfortable armchair to your dad or grandpa, which will help him relax and read the newspaper - both at the same time.
- Your mother or wife would love to receive a dressing table from you, if they don't have one. They can store all their cosmetics and other accessories, and admire themselves for hours in the mirror.
- For your studious son, you can gift a study table and if he is a computer whiz kid, you can present a computer table along with it.
- For the newly weds, a bed would be one of the best gifts to present. Allow them to kindle their romance and spice up their love life.
- If there is a constraint of space in the recipient's home, you can gift a sofa cum bed.
- Certain beds have a box for storage. They are very handy for storing household articles.
- If you wish, you can accompany the bed with a nice bed sheet. Bright colored fluorescent bed sheets would be ideal for young couples while for the oldies, decent and sober colors would be apt.
- Other home furnishing articles that you can gift include almirahs, bookshelf, chair etc.